MACO MULTI SKY skylight operating concept
More information about MACO
MULTI SKY is MACO’s innovative operating concept with concealed components for opening skylights. These can be operated quickly and easily using the central window handle: turn below, open above. No more straining and stretching and no more annoying connecting rods. With just one handle or window handle (on the central window) the upper sash is tilted for ventilation using the usual “turn and tilt” sequence of operation.
In contrast to conventional skylights, the skylight sash can also be fully opened. This maximizes air exchange for ventilation and makes it significantly easier to clean the outside glass. The kinematics in the frame are also designed with easy cleaning in mind: there are no protruding, visible surface-mounted parts. This makes skylights highly attractive in terms of design and opens up the range of creative
possibilities. Provide ventilation with just one handle, take advantage of an additional ventilation option, an impressive look, easy cleaning and security that you can trust.
Benefits for end users:
- unchanged quick and easy operation with the familiar “turn and tilt” sequence of operation;
- mechanical components are concealed within the frame providing unrivalled aesthetics, easy cleaning and narrow frame views;
- additional turning position fully opens the sash, making cleaning easier;
- highly secure thanks to multi-point central locking system;
- greater impermeability and improved sound insulation thanks to the central locking system;
- special protection during ventilation due to the elevated position of the skylight sash;
- central sash also possible as version with threshold;
- perfect ventilation as the warm air under the ceiling escapes thanks to the elevated position;
- same maintenance interval as all other hardware components.
Advantages for window manufacturer:
- stand out from the competition, as MULTI SKY is a unique skylight solution on the market;
- easy fabrication with familiar central locking components;
- suitable for standard timber and PVC profiles (stop and centre seal systems);
- widening of the frame is not necessary, as no space is required for surface-mounted operating elements;
- low logistic effort with just 2 packages for all applications;
- delivery contents includes skylight kinematics plus the necessary central locking parts;
- easier installation thanks to extensive, detailed technical documents.